If you’re not already working with a digital marketing consultant, you may be wondering what to look for when hiring one. For starters, you’ll want to find someone who knows your industry inside and out and has experience working with other businesses just like yours.
So you’re looking for a digital marketing consultant in Los Angeles? When it comes to marketing, there are plenty of “experts” who claim to know what they’re talking about. But not all of them deliver quality work or the value they promise. To avoid hiring a bad practitioner and wasting your time, be sure to avoid these red flags.
- If a consultant gives you a long-winded sales pitch, run!
- If a consultant can’t define “competitor,” then he probably doesn’t have a strong understanding of your industry.
- They get you to sign a contract but then don’t answer questions or return calls.
- Don’t hire someone who promises the world without understanding who you are or what you do.
- A bad marketing consultant might know something about marketing but know little about business.
- Their marketing materials are confusing or misleading. They have an overly complex process that doesn’t make sense.
Choosing the right digital marketing consultant can revolutionize your business and bring you new customers, leads, and sales. A good digital marketing consultant will give you clear quotes, including which tasks they’re responsible for.
There’s nothing wrong with hiring multiple consultants to get help from multiple angles. Be sure to ask for references, check out the work they’ve done in the past, and, when possible, speak with current clients of theirs. If a consultant doesn’t let you talk with his clients, that should be your first red flag. Focus on finding someone who delivers real value and can demonstrate their knowledge by pointing to the results they have achieved for other customers.