The winter season can take a toll on your garage door, making it difficult to open and close, as well as causing additional damage. It is important to properly maintain your garage door during the colder months to ensure that it continues to operate efficiently and safely. If you do not have the time or are not capable of handling this job yourself, we recommend that you hire an experienced garage door repair Norfolk professional.
Here are some helpful tips for keeping your garage door in good condition this winter:
1. Inspect the door regularly: Regularly inspect the garage door and its components to make sure that all of the parts are in good condition. Check for any rust or wear and tear, as well as any loose screws or bolts that need tightening.
2. Lubricate moving parts: During the winter months, it is important to lubricate the moving parts of your garage door. This will help reduce wear and tear and ensure that it operates smoothly. Be sure to use a silicone-based lubricant for best results.
3. Clean debris from tracks: Make sure to regularly clean any debris out of the garage door’s tracks, such as dirt or leaves, which can interfere with the door’s performance.
4. Check weatherstripping: Check to make sure that the weatherstripping around the edges of the garage door is still in good condition and replace it as needed. This will help keep out cold air and moisture, which can cause damage to your garage door over time.
5. Check for signs of wear: Look for any signs of wear on your garage door, such as frayed cables or broken springs, and repair or replace them as soon as possible. These problems can lead to more serious issues if not addressed right away.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your garage door stays in good condition this winter and continues working properly for years to come. If you have any doubts about the safety or performance of your garage door, be sure to contact a professional garage door repair expert Newport News for an inspection.